Rich Bone Broth Recipe
Bone broth is a great source of bio-available calcium,protein and zinc and magnesium. – which means that it can be easily absorbed, assimilated and utilized by your body. Use this broth to make soup, stew and chilli; or use it to cook beans and rice, millet and quinoa.
This makes a vital stock which has “Gut Healing” properties which is helpful wholesome nutrition and for anyone suffering from a lack of wholesome nutrition.
- Bones from poultry, fish, beef, lamb, shellfish or whole chicken or whole carcass (remove meat when cooked – about 1 hour)
- 8-10 cups of water
- 1–2 Tbsp of lemon juice or vinegar (to leach the minerals out of the bones)
- 1–2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 stalks celery
- ½ cup fresh Parsley chopped or 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1-2 tsp sage
- 1-2 tsp rosemary
- 1-2 tsp thyme
- 2-3 bay leaves
- Put all ingredients into pot. Bring to boil.
- Let simmer on low for several hours (4–24) or in crock pot on low.
- Remove bones and skim off fat.
Suggested uses for broth:
- Use as stock for soup.
- Drink as a warm beverage.
- Use as the cooking liquid for vegetables and grains.
- Make gravy from the fats.